Thursday 13 March 2014

The striker was over the moon with his equaliser and says the Viola are desperate to reach the quarter-finals

By Stefan Coerts

Mario Gomez has promised Fiorentina fans that he will score plenty more goals this season after netting a late equaliser in the 1-1 Europa League draw against Juventus.

Arturo Vidal put the Bianconeri in front in the first-leg of the last-16 tie, but Gomez scored his first goal since returning from a lengthy injury lay-off to set up an exciting second leg.

"Today's goal was an emotional one. I am very happy with it," the former Bayern Munich man told Mediaset Premium.
Gomez: Many more goals to come

"I know how important my goals are for this club and for this city. It is not easy to get back after five to six months out of action.

"I feel that my fitness and my power are improving and I will score just like before once I'm in peak condition again."

Gomez then went on to voice his delight with his side's draw and stressed that they never gave up, not even after Vidal's early opener.

"I am pleased for the team, because it was not an easy game in Turin. Juventus are strong opponents. We want to reach the next round. We never gave up and will continue to do our utmost in the return."

The second leg takes place in Florence next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads