Thursday 6 March 2014

Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado admits had he been younger, he would have returned to Spain by now.

Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado admits had he been younger, he would have returned to Spain by now.
By Francisco Acedo
The 28-year-old joined Spurs in the summer for a then club-record fee of £28million.
However, he has struggled for form with just six league goals to his name and his winner against Cardiff at the weekend was his first from open play at White Hart Lane.
And Soldado has revealed that had his struggles occurred earlier in his career, it could have forced him to quit the Premier League.
"If all this had happened to me when I was 22, I would have probably returned home after a month, but I believe it is a positive experience for me, my family and for the education of my children," he told Radio Onda Cero.
"I am the only one responsible for my poor form, but I will get better.
"We have a great team and I am convinced we can have a good season."
He admits his winner against Cardiff was important for him, adding: "It was a much-needed goal for me and especially for my team-mates and the fans.
"Despite all the time I have gone without scoring a goal, the support they have given me has been incredible.
"Every time I touch the ball I feel there is great expectation and people are hoping for the best for me - I feel wanted here even though I haven't given them anything at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads